This is the ideal solution for long range telemetry or communications. Two RFD868x modems with included antennas.
- Long range (40km+) depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power
- Low-pass filter on TX
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3
- RX SAW filter
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered
- Re-implemented SiK and Multipoint SiK firmware, easy to configure, field upgradable
- Small, light weight
Note: Not compatible with older modems
- RF: 2x RP-SMA antenna connectors
- Serial: logic-level TTL (3.3v)
- Power: 5v ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digital, ADC, PWM capable).
- Frequency Range: 868-869 MHz
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @=20dBm typical)
- Air Data transfer rates: 4, 8, 16, 19, 24, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 192, 250 and 500 kbit/sec (user selectable, 64k default)
- UART data transfer rates: 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 400k, 921k baud (user selectable, 57600 default)
- Receive Sensitivity: >121 dBm at low data rates
- Size: 30 mm (wide) x 57 mm (long) x 12.8 mm (thick) - Including RF Shield, Heatsink and connector extremeties
- Weight: 14.5g
- Mounting: 3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x header pin solder points
- Power Supply: 5 V nominal, (3.5v min, 5.5v max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. range: -40 to +85 °C, tested operational from -73 to +123 °C.
Software / GCS Support:
The software solution is an open source development called "SiK". It has been re implemented to suit the new processor architecture available on the 32bit ARM processor core. A boot loader and interface is available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port.
Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels.
Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner.
- Default settings: 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, 64k air data rate
- User manual: RFD900x Manual
- Software manual: RFD900x Peer-to-peer Manual
Software features include:
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Point to Point or Multipoint networking
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
- User configurable serial data rates and air datarates
- Error correction routines, Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
- Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in realtime
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
The RFD868 is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems - short range devices)
The modem is designed for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own projects and product prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations for radio transmitters.
In the box
- 2 x RFD868x Radio Modems
- 1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Right Angle Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 4 x Antennas, 868-900MHz Half wave dipole 3dBi
- 1 x FTDI USB cable
Ships in 4 to 7 working days from order placement